William H. Mortensen Hall Rules
William H. Mortensen Hall wants their guests to be able to sit back, relax, and have a great time. And to make sure that every guest can have a safe viewing experience, the following rules and policies have been established.
All guests will be expected to follow these rules and policies. Failure to abide by these rules may result in expulsion from the venue without refund.
If you have any questions, you may call William H. Mortensen Hall at 860.987.5900.
William H. Mortensen Hall wants to provide the best assistance and accommodations they can. So they are happy to discuss your specific needs for your upcoming visit. But here is a list of the services they offer.
- WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE
- ACCESSIBLE SEATING
- TDD: TELECOMMUNICATIONS FOR THE DEAF – (860) 987-6097
- ILS: INFRARED LISTENING SYSTEM DEVICES
- BRAILLE PRINT
- LARGE PRINT
- ASL: AMERICAN SIGN LANGUAGE Interpretation
- SENSORY-FRIENDLY/RELAXED PROGRAMMING
- VOLUNTARY PROGRAM READERS
- CERTIFIED SERVICE ANIMALS ARE PERMITTED
If you have any ADA-accommodation needs, then please contact the box office in advance. It’s recommended that you call at least 3 weeks before the show to discuss your needs and see if the venue can help.
Most bags are not allowed in the venue. Security reserves the right to search bags.
Camera policy is dependent on the needs of the visiting performer. This means that some shows may allow photos and non-professional recordings while others do not. Please read the event description to check. If an event description does not state a policy, please call the venue to find out what you need to know.
COVID-19 Related Policy
Please contact William H. Mortensen Hall office at 860.987.5900 for any questions relating to current COVID-19 related policy. Please note that certain shows may require masks to be worn and social distancing to be practiced.
Late Arrival Policy
Events at William H. Mortensen Hall may bar entry for late arrivals. The following is typically what happens during an event.
- The performance start time is printed on your ticket.
- Lobbies open two (2) hours prior to most performances and theater seating begins approximately 30 minutes prior to each event start time.
- The production company may require late arrivals to wait outside the theater doors until a designated break in the performance. For your convenience, closed circuit televisions are located in the lobbies.
Lost and Found Policy
Contact Bushnell Security at 860.987.6061 to inquire about possible recovery of lost items. If you have lost an item while at an event, please see a Bushnell staff member for assistance.
Face coverings are strongly encouraged..
Please contact William H. Mortensen Hall office at 860.987.5900 for any questions relating to current COVID-19 related mask policy
These following items are not allowed in the venue for any reason:
- Bottles, Cans, Coolers & Liquid Containers
- Chains, rope, or any similar item
- Outside Food & Beverage (Including Alcohol)
- Illegal Substances
- Fireworks & Other Projectiles
- Recording Devices, Video Equipment
- Electronic Devices
- Weapons of any Type (Including Pocket Knives & Firearms)
- Large Chains & Studded Bracelets
- Laser Pointers & Aerosol Cans
- Noise-making devices (i.e. horns, whistles, air horns, cymbals, bugles, thunder sticks, etc.)
- Large Banners, Signs, Sticks & Stickers
- Two-Wheeled Motorized Devices
- Other Items as Required by Event Promoters
These could be subject to change per the artist request. The venue reserves the right to adjust the items on this list.
William H. Mortensen Hall reserves the right to search anyone, and their belongings, who enter the premises.
Generally, re-entry is not allowed. Please don’t leave the venue until you are ready to go home. If you have an exceptional circumstance, please seek help from the north or south information desks.
All ticket sales are final and refunds will not be issued. There may be an exception if an event is postponed or canceled due to weather or artist cancellation. In those cases, please call the venue to ask if there is a special policy in place.
William H. Mortensen Hall is a non-smoking facility. This includes but is not limited to marijuana, cigarettes, vapes, and e-cigs.